Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera Oil Painting by k Madison Moore



Love at The Blue House
Inspired by Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera

14 x 18 Oil Painting on canvas Frida and Diego
 by k Madison Moore






Frida and Diego at La Casa Azul Video Here


The Frida Kahlo Museum, in the former home of the celebrated Mexican artist, is located in the Coyoacán borough of Mexico City. Also known as "La Casa Azul" ("The Blue House")

Their friend, architect and artist Juan O'Gorman, to design and built a home for them in Mexico City where they would live on their return to Mexico. Tis would serve as their hime and their studio’s.


Frida and Diego lived here from 1934 to 1939  In 1939 they divorced and Frida went back to live in La Casa Azul, her family home in Coyoacán. They remarried the following year, and Diego joined Frida in the blue house, but he maintained this building in San Angel Inn as his studio. After Frida's death in 1954, Diego resumed living here full time except for when he was traveling. He died here in 1957.



The Blue House La Casa Azul





Love Letter to Diego from Frida

I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it’s true I’m here, and I’m just as strange as you.––Frida Kahlo




Comments