Henri Rousseau Inspired Painting by k Madison Moore Pennsylvania Artist



Welcome to My Dream
Inspired by Henri Rousseau

Painting with The Masters
Art within Art Series

14 x 14 x 2 Jungle Oil painting on Canvas

I love doing jungle paintings inspired by Henri Rousseau.
He had such a fun imagination. I was thinking about about working
with him again on another jungle piece before I went to sleep one night
so I had a dream about the composition and this is my dream. How cool is that!
…and yes, I do dream in color. I have been asked that many times because I do paint
a lot from my dreams. My brain never stops.

If I didn’t dream this I probably would have never thought to use the pinks 
 in a jungle painting but I do love the way it worked out with my take on Henri’s
wild jungle flowers. Just love Mr Tiger laying there chilling! Maybe he just woke up 
from a dream too!






Henri Julien Felix Rousseau  ( French) May 21, 8144 - September 2, 1910 was a French post impressionist painter in the Naive or Primitive manner.   He was also known as Le Douanier ( the customs officer)  a humorous description of his occupation as a toll and tax collector. He started painting seriously in his early forties: by age 49, he retired his job to work full time on his art.

Ridiculed during his lifetime by critics, he came to be recognized as a self taught genius whose works are of high artistic quality. Rousseau’s work exerted and extensive influence on several generations of avant-garde artists. He was well known for his jungle and animal paintings. His works are worth millions today.

<a href="https://secure.blueoctane.net/forms/0L7ZRJFXR61F">Click Here To Load This Formexperts.com Form</a>

Comments