Portrait of Frida in Turquoise Jewelry


Portrait of Frida in Turquoise Jewelry

Forever Frida Series
16 x 20 Frida Kahlo Oil painting on canvas 


I never get tired of painting Frida. What an inspiration she is to me.
I think about her life and all that she went through and admire her strength.
Such a shame that we had to loose her at the age of 47. I always wonder what 
else she would have accomplished had she lived longer. What would she have 
painted? How would her work evolved over the years?

I was researching Diego Rivera’s paintings and saw a beautiful portrait he painted
with a similar floral background so I was inspired to do a similar for this portrait of Frida.
She loved her jewelry and wore many rings at one time, sometimes on all fingers. I 
wanted to see her in less rings and turquoise jewelry and big, like she loved it!

I decided to use pinks instead of reds and oranges in this piece. I wanted to keep it
on the softer side and I love the turquoise jewelry against the magenta and pink hues.

Hopefully next year I will be adding a lot more to my Forever Frida Series.






<a href="https://secure.blueoctane.net/forms/0L7ZRJFXR61F">Click Here To Load This Formexperts.com Form</a>

Comments