A Moment in Time - Frida and Diego Interior Painting by k Madison Moore


A Moment in Time - Frida and Diego

©KMadisonMoore2014

Frida Kahlo Series

14 x 18 Oil Painting on Canvas

SOLD


Another addition to my Frida Series.   I was inspired by a scene in the movie “Frida” similar to this one where they were lying in bed talking about Frida’s paintings. She told Diego that he could probably paint like that when he was 12. Diego replied that, “He could never paint like that.” A  touching scene with Frida and Diego


This one was tough doing them  from the back to facing reflections in the mirror but I like the way it came out.  I had a blast getting lost in designing the very complicated pleated throw. It almost looks like a skirt but it is my design of an elaborate pleated, fringed Mexican throw. I was looking all over for reference for Mexican Blankets and there were really none that were unusual so I really got into all of the colors and pleats. Fun! Might have to make one for my bed!


Enjoy

A Moment in Time - Frida and Diego



Here is a link to the Trailer or Purchase of the movie if you haven't seen it.   



Comments