Sun and Life Homage to Frida Kahlo Interior Painting by k Madison Moore


Sun and Life - Homage to Frida Kahlo
©kMadisonMoore2014

Painting with The Masters
Art within Art Series
16 x 20 Interior Oil Painting on Canvas


This is a painting that I started some time ago and was recently reminded to finish it and I am so glad. I painted it in a larger format as I had a lot to say in this piece. I will be doing more larger paintings for many of my future works and will be using more elements an details. I loved using all these southwestern bright colors and of course mixing prints
The idea of all this fruit and juicy watermelons came from one of Frida’s paintings. She must have really loved watermelon as much as it is present in her work.  A couple of Margarita’s on a chilly afternoon in front of the fireplace, kicked off her boots and cuddled up.




I inserted Frida into my impression of her painting 
Sun and Life.
I found this such an interesting and deep felt painting by Frida and I am happy that I included it in this composition.
There is such beauty, yet a sadness to some of Frida’s works and she surely had a way of expressing her deepest feelings.
Obviously not being able to bear children was a constant in her life so is portrayed in many of her paintings.

"Sun and Life
As a result of a terrible bus accident at age 18, Frida was unable to have children. Her obsession with fertility was often the subject of her paintings. In this painting,  ( on the back wall  and below) the life-giving sun is surrounded by plants in the form of erupting male penises and female wombs. 
This painting also reveals Frida's sadness over her infertility as shown by the weeping sun and fetus.
There is such beauty, yet a sadness to some of Frida’s works and she surely had a way of  expressing her deepest feelings.
Obviously not being able to bear children was a constant in her life so is portrayed in many of her paintings.
Sun and Life by Frida Kahlo 1947




This is to give an idea of the approx. size with a floater frame.



Don't forget to mention the paintings title. Contact Me for paintings similar to sold paintings Please feel free to email me with questions or for no obligation quotes. Commission Projects Welcome




Comments