Matisse Inspired Interior Painting The Samovar by k Madison Moore


The Samovar
Inspired by Matisse
©kMadisonMooreFineArtInc.2013

Painting with The Masters
11 x 14 Interior Oil Painting on canvas



One of my collectors purchased a painting I 
did inspired by Matisse that had this unusual
element in it. I have seen Matisse use it in many
of his paintings and even though I didn't know
what is was I still used it as I liked the shape.
I assumed it was some kind
of heater and he obviously liked them.

My collector took the time to research it for me
when I told him what I thought it was but wasn't sure.
I wasn't too far off. It is used to make tea and is called
a Samovar.

Matisse being a French artist and this being mostly
Russian must have had a special reason for using it
so many times in his paintings. I wonder what that 
was?

In this painting I did my take on one of Matisse's
ladies, his window and the painting on the wall
in the reflection of the mirror. Love doing this kind
of work with mirrors and reflecting what is on the
other side of the room. Fun!

Enjoy
The Samovar



Contact Me for paintings similar to sold paintings Please feel free to email me with questions or for no obligation quotes. Don't forget to mention the paintings title. Commission Projects Welcome

 For Inquiries / Info - Email Me HERE

Comments