Miro's Dream, Dreaming in Color Inspired by Joan Miro Interior Painting by k Madison Moore



Miro's Dream - Dreaming in Color
Inspired by Joan Miro

©kMadisonMooreMkM2012

12 x 16 Oil Painting on Canvas

Painting with The Masters
Art within Art Series

for larger detailed view and commentary


Do you dream in color? I had a big conversation  with my friend last week about  Dreaming in Color. She thought I was crazy when I told her I "always dream in color." She said her dreams were in black and white. What a shame. I cannot image black and white dreams. Where would all of my vivid colorful compositions come from. Yes, I do dream many of my compositions and even get up in the middle of the night and go into the studio to quickly write my ideas down so I don't forget them by morning.

You know how you have a dream and then when you wake up you can't remember it or parts of it but you know you had one? Now I keep a sketchbook next to my bed! Is that crazy?

There is no experimental proof I have seen of this, but researchers agree that most dreams are in color. However, because the dream fades so quickly after we awake, our memories of the dream are often recalled in gray tones.
Studies show that those who are in tune with color in waking life tend to remember more color in dreams as well. I have also noticed that those of us who grew up with black & white TV have more black and white dreams. I haven't properly researched this yet, it's just an observation.




Comments