Pop Art Interior Painting Inspired by Lichtenstein Living with Roy k Madison Moore


Living with Roy
Inspired by Roy Lichtenstein

©kMadisonMooreFineArtInc.

 Interior Painting Inspired by Roy Lichtenstein

SOLD

Painting with The Masters - Art within Art Series

Roy Lichtenstein is very graphic with his work and his colors.
He uses a lot of lines, straight line patterns, dots and solid bold colors.
I find it very interesting that he uses dots on the human figure. I had to 
give it a shot and I like the way this turned out.
I have always been a big fan of reflections and use them a lot in my work
especially in my Still Life Series. I like seeing what is on the other side
of a room through a mirror. Lichtenstein painted several interiors using
mirror reflections. It was fun painting what was on the other side of the room
from the perspective of being in the room, yet I wasn't in the room! Strange
but that's the way I felt it and I think I captured it here, I hope.
Black and white is very hard to work with. You have to let each dry before
you paint the other. The grid on this being white painted on black was a
challenge.

Enjoy

Living with Roy!



for Larger View's and More in This Series

Comments