Midnight with Mucha, Painting Inspired by Alfonse Mucha by k Madison Moore


Midnight with Mucha

©kMadisonMooreMkM2012


11 x 14 Oil Painting on Canvas

Painting with The Masters
Art within Art - Master Interiors



There is just something very romantic about Mucha's work.
That's how I feel every time I paint with him.
I love the colors in this one. They were played off of one of
Mucha's skyscape's such as I have used here for the window scene.
Mucha's painting set the mood for this composition including the colors.

However, as much as I love those colors they are very difficult
to photograph. The Lilac and the Midnight Blue are custom
colors that I had made as I could not find them anywhere. The back
wall is Midnight Blue but may show like black on some monitors.
It makes a great back drop for the lovely yellow flowers
and a bit of reflection from the wall sconce.
Another fun and very detailed painting.
Enjoy!


Comments