A Blast From The Past, Inspired by "Mark Rothko and Eames Designs" by k Madison Moore Fine Artist

"A Blast from The Past"

Inspired by Mark Rothko and Eames Designs
©kMaadisonMooreMkM2011

11 x 14 Oil painting on canvas 


NEW YEARS SALE PAINTING

Email Me
for Information


Art within Art Series
Visit My Portfolio to see more in this series.
So much fun doing the research for this painting.  When Dominic and I were in the
restoration business we restored several of Eames furniture pieces, especially
these well known Eames black molded plastic chairs. I always wondered what the big attraction
was until I sat in one and melted. They are so comfortable and were so far ahead of their time being Post war Modernism.

I felt the Mark Rothko paintings were a perfect match to use in a composition with Eames as they were from the same Era 1903 - the 70's and the two arts complimented each other so well. The table is also Eames and the Carpet was designed after Rothko.

Well, while I was at it, I dug into the past ( ok giving my age away here) to see what else I could come up with when I hit pay dirt with the Juke Box. I am sure may of you remember those. How fun! Add a couple of Ice Cream Sodas, a penny Bubble Gum Machine, a copy of Look and Bazaar Magazines, a big chrome lamp and couple pairs of those wild and crazy Saddle Shoes and and great Channel Handbag and there you have " A Blast From The Past" Enjoy


Comments