Portfolio

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Midnight with Mucha, Painting Inspired by Alfonse Mucha by k Madison Moore


Midnight with Mucha

©kMadisonMooreMkM2012


11 x 14 Oil Painting on Canvas

Painting with The Masters
Art within Art - Master Interiors



There is just something very romantic about Mucha's work.
That's how I feel every time I paint with him.
I love the colors in this one. They were played off of one of
Mucha's skyscape's such as I have used here for the window scene.
Mucha's painting set the mood for this composition including the colors.

However, as much as I love those colors they are very difficult
to photograph. The Lilac and the Midnight Blue are custom
colors that I had made as I could not find them anywhere. The back
wall is Midnight Blue but may show like black on some monitors.
It makes a great back drop for the lovely yellow flowers
and a bit of reflection from the wall sconce.
Another fun and very detailed painting.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments. Your support is greatly appreciated. All comments are moderated so may not show immediately.

MY PORTFOLIO ADDRESS HAS CHANGED

MY PORTFOLIO ADDRESS HAS CHANGED
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MY "NEW" PORTFOLIO ADDRESS