Dora and Picasso - A Paris Afternoon by k Madison Moore


Dora and Picasso - A Paris Afternoon

©kMadisonMooreMkM2011

 16 x 16 Oil painting on Canvas
To view My Lightbox click The Photo


Art within Art Series

SOLD

Visit My Portfolio for more in this Series
I don't think I will ever tire of painting with Picasso. Every time
I research him I find more and more information and works of his that
I have not seen before. I found this painting of Dora Marr recently
and decided that since they had such a long relationship, that
I wanted to paint this one.

I included a bit of scenery with the buildings in the back ground
from Paris. The table with the still life is my take on it from his paintings
with several changes including the candle which is from another of his
paintings. I added the wine and glasses and took out a few other
elements. The small painting on the wall is one that Dora painted of
Pablo. Hence the title: "Dora and Picasso - A Paris Afternoon"

The pitcher on the floor is from one of Picasso's still life's and of
course the larger painting on the wall is another that Picasso painted
of  Dora. He painted many o herall differently. He must have seen her
in many different ways. By the way, the paintings on the wall are
straight in the painting, but again, I cannot seem to correct this arching
that I get with my camera which always makes them look off.
This is a nice size of 14 x 14 and the sides are painted so no frame
is needed.




Comments