Airigami - Balloon Art After The Masters, Posted by k Madison Moore




Hi everyone,

I am still super busy working on this larger mural but almost there and have several more commissions to complete. Thanks to all that have emailed me with concern as to why I have not been posting new work. Until all my obligations are completed I will not be posting new paintings for sale. use a couple more weeks.
However, I have found some very interesting articles on other artists that I would like to share. I found these two artist to be amazing in what they do. Of course because they work with The Masters I thought this would be great to share with you.
Enjoy!

I will be back soon. M :)




Larry Moss And Kelly Cheatle's Airigami: Balloon Interpretations Of Classic Masterpieces 




What do you get when you mix sculpture, puppetry and origami? Rochester, New York duo Larry Moss and Kelly Cheatle have developed 'Airigami,' the not-so-ancient art of folding balloons. Their process combines different styles and forms to create balloon creations you would be hard-pressed to find at a birthday party.
But don't think their creations will be your average poodle and sword balloon animals; these Airigami masters are taking on the classics. From Leonardo to Warhol, see some of the most iconic masterpieces lighten up a bit. Is Mona Lisa's smile still as mysterious? Is Vermeer's "Girl with a Pearl Earring" still so coy? We think not. However, these Airigami masterpieces might giveJeff Koons a run for his money.

Read More Here

Comments