Portfolio

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Airigami - Balloon Art After The Masters, Posted by k Madison Moore




Hi everyone,

I am still super busy working on this larger mural but almost there and have several more commissions to complete. Thanks to all that have emailed me with concern as to why I have not been posting new work. Until all my obligations are completed I will not be posting new paintings for sale. use a couple more weeks.
However, I have found some very interesting articles on other artists that I would like to share. I found these two artist to be amazing in what they do. Of course because they work with The Masters I thought this would be great to share with you.
Enjoy!

I will be back soon. M :)




Larry Moss And Kelly Cheatle's Airigami: Balloon Interpretations Of Classic Masterpieces 




What do you get when you mix sculpture, puppetry and origami? Rochester, New York duo Larry Moss and Kelly Cheatle have developed 'Airigami,' the not-so-ancient art of folding balloons. Their process combines different styles and forms to create balloon creations you would be hard-pressed to find at a birthday party.
But don't think their creations will be your average poodle and sword balloon animals; these Airigami masters are taking on the classics. From Leonardo to Warhol, see some of the most iconic masterpieces lighten up a bit. Is Mona Lisa's smile still as mysterious? Is Vermeer's "Girl with a Pearl Earring" still so coy? We think not. However, these Airigami masterpieces might giveJeff Koons a run for his money.

Read More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments. Your support is greatly appreciated. All comments are moderated so may not show immediately.

MY PORTFOLIO ADDRESS HAS CHANGED

MY PORTFOLIO ADDRESS HAS CHANGED
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MY "NEW" PORTFOLIO ADDRESS