Matisse Inspired Painting, Henri's Harem by k Madison Moore

Henri's Harem

Painting Inspired by Henri Matisse

©kMadisonMooreMkM2011

12 x 16   Oil painting on canvas

SOLD
Art with Art Series

I was reading about Matisse's Models and came up with this
idea. In this painting I did my take on many of his models.
I made many color and patten changes and changed the facial
features. 
I have such an attraction for Matisse. He was so passionate about
his work. He used such bold colors and mixed patterns with
 patterns and painted table tops facing the viewer as it was more
 important for the elements to be painted.
He had a passion for painting woman in sheer tops and harem
pants. Maybe he wished for a harem...or maybe he had one!
He was hard to model for and went through many,
many models.
I thought it would be fun to give Henri his Harem lying 
around sipping wine while Henri peeps in.
Enjoy " Henri's Harem"

Please visit My Portfolio to see
more in this series






Comments