Portfolio

Monday, November 14, 2011

Puzzled with Matisse by k Madison Moore Pennsylvania Artist


Puzzled with Matisse
Inspired by Henri Matisse

©kMadisonMoore 2011

11 x 14 Oil Painting on Canvas
( click the image for details)

Painting with The Masters
Art within Art Series


I remain always fascinated with Matisse, his colors and his textiles.
He used so many brilliant colors together and a lot of red!
Always makes me happy!

While I was researching his use of combining several
different patterns in his paintings, the word puzzles came to mind.
I think that I was wondering if his use of all those patterns in one
composition ever puzzles people??? Therefore the inspiration
for "Puzzled with Matisse"  was born. Silly, I know, but true!
I never get tired of painting with him

Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could draw or paint! This is stunning. I can't imagine not smiling when you look at this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all your wonderful design ideas I am not surprised that you like this painting. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.
    Have a great Thanksgiving. M :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments. Your support is greatly appreciated. All comments are moderated so may not show immediately.

MY PORTFOLIO ADDRESS HAS CHANGED

MY PORTFOLIO ADDRESS HAS CHANGED
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MY "NEW" PORTFOLIO ADDRESS