Portfolio

Monday, July 28, 2014

The Samovar Henri Matisse Inspired Oil Painting of Interior by k Madison Moore


The Samovar

Inspired by Matisse

©kMadisonMoore2014

Painting with The Masters

11 x 14 Interior Oil Painting on canvas

Visit My Portfolio Here

 I have seen Matisse use this element ( Samovar) 
in many of his paintings and even though I didn't know
what is was I still used it as I liked the shape.
I assumed it was some kind
of heater and he obviously liked them.

Matisse being a French artist and this being mostly
Russian must have had a special reason for using it
so many times in his paintings. I wonder what that 
was? I assumed it was for tea or for heating and I wasn't
too far off. Read about it below.

This is s fun painting with the reflect of what is on
the other side of the room. Of course I always
love to include Matisse's Cat somewhere too.
Hummm....wonder what she is thinking about?

Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments. Your support is greatly appreciated. All comments are moderated so may not show immediately.

MY PORTFOLIO ADDRESS HAS CHANGED

MY PORTFOLIO ADDRESS HAS CHANGED
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MY "NEW" PORTFOLIO ADDRESS