The Samovar Henri Matisse Inspired Oil Painting of Interior by k Madison Moore


The Samovar

Inspired by Matisse

©kMadisonMoore2014

Painting with The Masters

11 x 14 Interior Oil Painting on canvas

Visit My Portfolio Here

 I have seen Matisse use this element ( Samovar) 
in many of his paintings and even though I didn't know
what is was I still used it as I liked the shape.
I assumed it was some kind
of heater and he obviously liked them.

Matisse being a French artist and this being mostly
Russian must have had a special reason for using it
so many times in his paintings. I wonder what that 
was? I assumed it was for tea or for heating and I wasn't
too far off. Read about it below.

This is s fun painting with the reflect of what is on
the other side of the room. Of course I always
love to include Matisse's Cat somewhere too.
Hummm....wonder what she is thinking about?

Enjoy



Comments