Portfolio

Saturday, April 14, 2012

An Asian Evening with Klimt, Inspired by Gustav Klimt by k Madison Moore



An Asian Evening with Klimt
Inspired by Gustav Klimt
©kMadisonMoorMkm2012

Painting with The Masters
Art within Art Series

14 x 18 Oil Painting on Canvas
For larger detailed view Click Here


I can't seem to ever get enough of Klimt. He is very hard to
paint with because the details and symbols are endless.
I think I really like to challenge myself with his work.

With "An Asian Evening with Klimt", I used his painting 
"Expectations" for the wall. I always loved this piece.
He did the full body painting and just the portrait so I thought
this would be a nice piece to design this painting around.
The lovely lady is from another of Klimt's works
but I change her face to be Asian and added the gown.
Of course I wanted to use as many tones of red that 
I could for this piece.

I love Asian art and all of the beautiful details they use.
I researched asian furniture and accessories for this composition 
and it seemed that every single element was full of detail.
Needless to say, this painting took a "Very" long time to paint!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments. Your support is greatly appreciated. All comments are moderated so may not show immediately.

MY PORTFOLIO ADDRESS HAS CHANGED

MY PORTFOLIO ADDRESS HAS CHANGED
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MY "NEW" PORTFOLIO ADDRESS