Paloma's Boudoir, "After Paloma Picasso", by k Madison Moore

Paloma's Boudoir
©kMadisonMoore2011


Art within Art Series
14 x 18 Oil  Painting of Interior on Canvas

SOLD



I am having so much fun painting this series. It finally all came together after a year of thinking about how to approach this series and now the ideas are endless so there will be many more coming.

I always admired Paloma Picasso's designs and thought it would be fun to do a painting about her.
I imagined being the daughter of Pablo Picasso that she would be as colorful and extravagant  as her father in her personal taste so I thought this painting would project her personality.
It was a lot of work doing all the little details but working with so many colors is always my favorite when doing a painting.
Although Paloma designed jewelry for Tiffany I thought it was a good idea to do the little Tiffany Lamp on the dresser to represent her with Tiffany. I have posted a video here of Paloma and some of her jewelry.
Paloma also has her own fragrance line so the black perfume bottle on the dresser is her well known design and there is a link below for you to view them. The handbag on the sofa is also a Paloma design
as well as the sunglasses and the slippers.
The photo in the frame on the dresser is a sketch that Pablo Picasso did of Paloma's mother and I thought this was a nice personal touch for this painting.
Lot's of fun doing this painting. 

Comments

  1. The colors are outstanding. I look forward to seeing more of this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art is very amazing and I love your wild and funky style. Beautiful and colorful artworks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mary, I am going to continue this series so you will see many. M :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelley,
    Thanks very much for the fun comment. Happy you like me work. Stop by again when you can. M :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments. Your support is greatly appreciated. All comments are moderated so may not show immediately.